Dr Andre Taylor
Former PhD Candidate – School of Geography and Environmental Science, Monash University
André is a past PhD student with the Urban Water Governance Program, undertaking a research project titled “Sustainable Urban Water Management: The Champion Phenomenon” (2006-10). He is now applying his research to help environmental leaders fulfil their potential through his consultancy company, André Taylor Consulting.
André has 17 years of experience in the fields of environmental management and specifically urban water and waterway management. His expertise has been gained through working in Tasmania, Queensland, Western Australia, New South Wales and Victoria for consultancies, State government, local government and academia.
His areas of expertise are:
- Leadership development strategies, theory and research.
- Environmental leadership.
- Urban water cycle policy, governance and management.
- Capacity building activities, such as training and group facilitation.
- Environmental management, specialising in urban water and waterway management.
André was involved in the Centre for Water Sensitive Cities through his participation in the project The Role of Leadership in Urban Water Transitions, within the Urban Water Governance Program, to which his PhD (Sustainable Urban Water Management: The Champion Phenomenon) contributed.